Saturday, January 16, 2016

Dallas Letter 1/12/16

Dad,
I loved your email! That is awesome that you guys were able to go out and shoot deer. Tell everyone congrats but tell Aysha that her shooting skills were waiting for the scrimmage. Sage sounds like a handful like myself  (plus I think you got her because she somewhat has my coloring and you miss me).
For transfers it was hard to leave but I know that I am needed in Wildomar. God calls each of us as missionaries to a certain job, either we are sowers or reapers in the Lord's Vineyard. So based on how things are rolling I am called to be a sower. For David and Davida I was and if thy do get baptized I will be able to go even if I am on the other side of the mission but lucky I live only about 45 minutes away. President actually encourages us to go to be an extra support to them on their decision. I pray that David and Davida will accept and willing to pay the price to turn unto Him. Only time will tell! I know that your talk was amazing and I wish I could hear but also help with it. I love you and are grateful for all the things you have taught me. It is good to read that all the things I am doing will touch the lives of thousands. Some days I feel that all I do is not enough to affect them. Maybe the smile I give will make it a lot easier for the next Sister or Elder who comes after me.
LOVE YOU
Sister Ogden


Aysha,
I am glad that you thought Aunt Pat funeral was beautiful and clam. That is the thing about death it is not the end like most people believe but it's the beginning! It is the next step that we have to take to be closer to our Heavenly Father and Christ. Just being out on the mission, I have seen many who don't have this hope that we have knowing the Plan of Salvation. I hope that being part of this has helped your testimony about the Plan of Salvation because for me a couple of states away it has. Read 2 Nephi 22:2 to know how I feel about the Plan of Salvation. 
...

LOVE YOU
Sister Ogden
Mom and Dad,
I am glad that the funeral was beautiful and that many great experience come from it like the temple and sharing memories of her. I know that Aunt Pat is doing great and that she was so ready for the next step of the Plan of Salvation. I hope that being part of this has helped your testimony about the Plan of Salvation because for me even a couple of states away it has. Read 2 Nephi 22:2 to know how I feel about the Plan of Salvation.
Dad your talk is amazing for how short of a time that you had. I wish that I could have been there or at least helped you but you don't need me. Mom I love your spiritual thought because this past week has been full of reading about repentance for our mission tour.  That is why yesterday, rather than having a P-day, we had a conference with Elder Hamula of the Seventy. It was amazing!!! 
It was such an honor to shake is hand, and to give his wife a big hug!  He reiterated to us our purpose as missionaries: To cleanse people through baptism so they can return to the presence of our Father in Heaven and stay there. It was such an honor to shake is hand, and to give his wife a big hug! So it was funny Mom that your spiritual thought was about the relationship between first principles of the gospel, faith- repentance vs Christ like attributes because that is what we discussed for 8 hours yesterday. You both should read Elder Anderson talk about "Repent... That I May Heal You" which taught me more about repentance and how it is a way for us to "return" into His loving embrace (3 Nephi 9:14).
This past week has been fun with 4 days of heavy rain. I was finally able to go tracking and wear the rain boots! It was interesting but it was a touching experience when some of the people who answer the door would asked why were we out in the rain. I love that question because we were able to tell them about our message which always followed with the normal answer of no but one said after saying no that we show true devotion. So cool!
I love Sister Greeff! She is a mixture of Paisley and Aysha craziness which makes the work fun! I hope that I will finish her last three months of her mission because I love her so much. There is so much work that needs to be done here in Wildomar. Some of the investigators dropped were replaced with new potentials from tracking in the rain storm. I love rain storms! Most of the ward is less actives which means a lot of work in the ward as well but I love it all. It is weird to be in a car but it was wonderful when the rain came. I am still biking with a somewhat cheap version of a stand still bike which is great.
A member made this for me - I Love It!
LOVE YOU BOTH
Sister Ogden

No comments:

Post a Comment