Sunday, October 30, 2016

Dallas Letter 10/3/16

Hey,
Like last week to many things happened so I will day by day:

Tues- We were given an investigator's name Brooke who is on date for Oct. 16! The reason we were given her was that she is to young to be baptized in the YSA ward and her mom is interested in taking the lessons! We taught her a lesson and she reminds me of Brooke from varsity soccer. I am excited to help her prepare for her baptism!

Wed- We were able to finally meet with Gary after he has been suffering with the plague (Flu). We were teaching about faith but the spirit taught him that he need to work on faith through prayers. God gives us the spirit to teach us exactly what we must do. Then we had only 15 minutes to teach half of the Restoration and invite Ruben (Irma's son) to be baptized on Oct 23 which he said YES! Since I have been craving s'mores, the Zrofsky's made a s'more casserole for our lesson. 

Thurs-  Then for exchanges, Sister Fabian came to my area for the whole day. I always forget that some sisters have never ridden on a bike with a skirt until they are trying to figure how to operate the bike and not flash the world. I have been on bike for so long that it is so natural. We were able to pick up Tony and put him on date for Nov. 6!  When we got to Tony's house, his table looked like the picture Aysha sent me of all the pistol's. One of the main things that I learned from Sister Fabian was to give thanks for the small things of life. 

Sat- General Conference! I love the Saturday Afternoon session because it taught me many things that I could do better as a missionary. Then Sister Wells took us out for dinner at Red Robbin. 

Sun-  Besides General Conference, James baptism was today! It is always amazing to see our investigators in white ready to enter into the waters. Sara (James wife) has been looking forward to this day for so long and it finally came true. I am so excited to see them all dressed up in white for the temple to be sealed! Lets just say I got teary for a bit.

Love you guys so much!

Love 
Sister Ogden   




No comments:

Post a Comment