Sunday, October 30, 2016

Dallas Letter 9/12/16 - A New Responsability

Hello,
   
This week was completely crazy. I received a call from the AP's that I was invite to MLC  (Mission Leadership Council) and latter found out that I will be called to be a Sister Training Leader. MLC is meeting where President Mullen, Sister Mullen, and the AP's gives us training on how we are to help the Sisters of our zones fulfill their duty as missionaries. I learned so much but I do not have my notes with me since Sister Keith and I had to move into new apartments. Sister Keith and I are still together for another transfer but with my new calling it's going to change the schedule a bit. I am the first STL leader that is still on bike! I am excited for my new calling and I know it will be a growing experience for me. 
 
Love 
Sister Ogden

****************

Mom and Dad,
I am excited for the new adventure of my calling but I am scared. I have always looked up to the STL's  and to be one is scary. A Sister Training Leader responsibly is this:  

"Your acceptance of this assignment requires that you teach by example, as well as by precept and by supervising your own area in an exemplary manner, thus making it a working model of your effectiveness. This example should be reflected in the results of your missionary activities as you proselyte in your own area, striving to baptize regularly, thus retaining your proselyting skills and setting an example for all sister missionaries. You will also have the opportunity to communicate and train the sisters here at the California Riverside Mission so that they can become models of effective proselyting and that they might also baptize regularly. Remember that as a Sister Training Leader you should always avoid being diverted from these basic duties by administrative details. The most important thing you can do as an SisterTraining Leader is to be an effective proselyting, baptizing missionary" (President Mullen letter to me).

I am going to be trained by Sister Burris who is the most amazing missionary and STL ever! That is a huge tender mercy for me since I need all the help I can get. I just pray that I can help the Sister's reach their full potential as many have helped me.

Love 
Sister Ogden  

Note: 
At home we received a letter from the mission President notifying us that Dallas has received a new calling. The same letter was sent to our Stake President and Bishop who both sent us an email.  I will include all three here.

From Mission President to us (family)
Dear Brother and Sister Ogden,

It is indeed a honor to advise you that Sister Ogden has been assigned to serve on the Mission Leadership Council as Sister Training Leader for the California Riverside Mission. Her achievements during her mission have identified her as an outstanding young leader and mark her will for further leadership in the Lord's Kingdom. You can certainly be proud of all that she has achieved during her missionary service.

May I personally thank you for providing such excellent training and preparation for your daughter. I would deem it a privilege to have the opportunity to meet you sometime in the future and express my gratitude for all that you have done to prepare such an outstanding young woman.

May the Lord's richest blessings be yours as you continue your support of the Lord's work.

Sincerely,

John H. Mullen, PresidentCalifornia Riverside Mission


From our Stake President
Brother and Sister Ogden,

You may have received news of this already, but in case you hadn't I wanted to pass it along to you.  Congratulations to you both and to your wonderful daughter for her faithful service.  She is clearly one whom the Lord trusts and is making a large impact in the lives of those she serves.  I, too, am grateful for your support and guidance that you have provided your wonderful daughter.

May you continue to receive the blessings from her service.

Warm regards,

Scott Kelley

From Bishop Wilson
David/Terri,
I was so happy to receive this email from Dallas' mission president today. I don’t know if the parents are also sent a letter or not but wanted to send this note just in case you didn’t get it.
What an amazing missionary she is. Now, the Lord has entrusted her to teach others how to serve and testify as well as continue serving and sharing the message of the Savior and the Restored Gospel with the people of the California Riverside mission.

Thank you for teaching her and helping her develop into the wonderful faith-filled woman that she is.

Love you guys,
Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment