Sunday, October 30, 2016

Dallas Letter 9/26/16

Hey,
There have been so many things that happened this week that I will have to go day by day:

Tues-  It rained hard all day which was a new experience for Sister Keith. For me it brought many memories from last year of biking in the rain. Thank goodness I bought new tires because I may have slipped on the wet concrete.

Wed-  We had Multi-zones (a huge meeting) with President & Sister Mullen on how we can be better missionaries. My favorite training by President was how we need to be obedient to receive the Spirit and to be obedient to the Spirit afterwards we feel his promptings. Sister Lineback, Sister Young, and Sister Pielstick were all there at the meeting which allowed us to take a picture of us together again after a year of entering the MTC! I look up to them all and felt honored to start this amazing adventure with them. (we even recreated the of the first pictures we took at the MTC.) We taught James the Word of Wisdom on Monday and he told us that he has gone cold turkey! He even threw out his can of dip while driving home on the freeway because he gave in.

Thurs-  First exchange as an STL! I went to Riverside to be with Sister Willis for a day. I may be on the exchange to help the Sister's be better missionaries but they also teach me. I learned so much on the exchange about how much my teaching has changed and that there is power to having courage to do this work. The work is not easy but we must have a "powerful faith and a positive  attitude" (President Mullen). That is one of the things that we focused on during the exchange.

Fri-  I have made it a year of being a missionary! It was cool to see how much I have changed since I entered the MTC. Then Sister Keith and I were blessed to finally meet Rueben who is the last of the Davis family we have not met. He has been a ghost to me for the past 6 months because he loves his dominion upstairs. We were able to share the Because He lives video and talk about the many changes in his family because of the Gopsel. The number one thing that Rueben has noticed is that there is more peace at home. The Gospel brings peace and Rueben was willing to take the lesson because the changed he has seen! I love the Davis family so much and I am excited to help this family to be together forever!

Sat-  We had Women's General Conference which I love President Uchtdorf's talk on faith. I loved how much it applied to missionary work and how to have "powerful faith". 

I am so excited for General Conference! I have been getting ready by reading a conference talk each day. I read this today and thought that I should share it. "However far we may wander from the path, the Savior invites us to return and walk with Him. This invitation to walk with Jesus Christ is an invitation to accompany Him to Gethsemane and from Gethsemane to Calvary and from Calvary to the Garden Tomb. It is an invitation to observe and apply His great atoning sacrifice, whose reach is as individual as it is infinite. It is an invitation to repent, to draw upon His cleansing power, and to grasp His loving, outstretched arms. It is an invitation to be at peace (Bishop W. Christopher Waddell). I love that we all meet Christ in the Garden and onward because that is how Christ is best able to help us. 

Love 
Sister Ogden








No comments:

Post a Comment