Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Dallas Letter 5/31/16

Hello,
   
How was your memorial weekend? Mine was celebrated with intense CrossFit with our Mission President and I am super sore today. There was so many things that happened this week that I wish I could tell you but I will tell the most important. 
   
We had interviews with President Mullen in which he gave a lesson on how we should pray for "unplanned opportunities". President Mullen shared out of PMG (Preach my Gospel) that Christ "will lead you to them or He will lead them to you" (PMG, pg 155) which is why we should be prepared. Not even a couple of hours later, Sister Petersen and I experienced two unplanned opportunities. 
   
First was that we met this young mom of two boys named Jenna out walking. While her little boys were chasing their baby geese, we shared the Hallelujah video with her. Afterwards, Jenna mentioned that the only reason that she said yes to us was that God answered her prayer before we got there. Then the second miracle or unplanned opportunity was picking up the Davis family. Irma (the mom) and her identical twin daughters (Sarah and Brianna) were former investigators from two years ago. I guess they needed two years because they were so willing for us to come in and share a message. They came to church on Sunday and absolutely loved it!
   
God has truly blessed us this week with four new investigators but He has definitely strengthened my testimony. The more I share my testimony the more it seems to grow.

Love 
Sister Ogden    



Hey Dad,
Happy Birthday Dad!!!!
I am sorry that I was not able to say that on your Birthday. All the computers were closed until today. It sounds as if your Birthday was full of fun adventures and you are right that I would sing and kiss you! I guess you won't need my help with finishing the bathroom (I need pics of it). This week has been crazy but full of many miracles which I will tell in the group email! I just want to let you know that I love you. You have led me to who I am today. I was in a store a couple of days ago in which they were playing a Billy Currington song " walk a little straighter". The song talks about how fathers are an example to us kids and how they must watch their actions because we follow them. Now I know the song is about a drunk dad but that main message is that you are leading me. I have followed your footsteps towards Christ and that is the greatest gift you gave me. Now I am here on my mission to help others walk on the path which you and mom have shown me. 

Love you and Happy Birthday again

Love Sister Ogden 
Shorcuts

Ducks are Everywhere


No comments:

Post a Comment