Saturday, March 11, 2017

Dallas Letter 12/12/16

Hey,
  
This whole week has been an adventure of being a trainer. I forgot what it was like to be a new missionary which Sister DiPietro reminded me and even brought me back to memory lane. I made sure that my new Sister did not have any crazy experiences our first week like praying with a homeless man (old story). I have felt that I have learned so much in one week about how to rely on the Lord more but also to teach in a very different aspect then normal. Sister DiPietro is from Tewksbury Massachusetts and is convert of 4 yrs. I love her so much and I am glad to be her companion. 
   
I was able to decorate our apartment with many lights which was super fun. The only problem I had was that I could not get the St Nick lights to stay on the wall. If you look at our floor closely you can see a ton of glitter everywhere because of the many times it fell on me. 
   
Our mission is reading the Book of Mormon with the goal of coming to know the Savior. I learned in my reading last week that the Savior prays for us to Heavenly Father (3 Nephi 17: 17, 20-21). It touches my heart to know that the most perfect person is willing to take time to pray for me. As a missionary, I pray for my investigators and like the Savior, I feel joy when they act on that faith.
  
I love you and can't wait to see your beautiful faces in 13 days! (Christmas day video conference)

Love 
Sister Ogden    

Pictures
1, Me with my new Sister!
2, Both Sister Pielstick and I are training each others MTC companions when we were MTC companions! 
3, rated from my favorite to ones I didn't like (last two spit out)
4-6, Christmas decorations! 







No comments:

Post a Comment