Sunday, September 4, 2016

Dallas Letter 7/25/16

Hello everyone,
   
To start this week, we had multi-zones. The main theme of the meeting was on faith and how by improving our faith, we improve our service. I loved the training from President Mullen on how to have Faith to Baptize Converts by doing three main steps:

1. Rely on the Lord
      •Pray frequently personally & as companions
      •Ask for the enabling power
2. Exercise faith
      •Ask for help from others
      •Ask for blessings
3. Invite the spirit
      •Seek the Comforter
      •Respond to the promptings
It was also a sad multi-zone because Sister Roberts gave her going home testimony. Between Sister Roberts and the others, I let go a couple of tears. Sister Roberts has truly helped me to start this amazing journey and taught me how to share my testimony with others. I am eternally grateful for her example.
   
We picked up a new investigator named Gary. He reminds me of Uncle Troy a lot (look at the picture)! It was the most interesting Restoration lesson because we sat in the shade by the one lake in Menifee. It was such a new experience, that had to get a picture of our lesson. 
   
Then yesterday, the Davis family received the Holy Ghost! All of them wore their white dresses again which was cute. David told us this week "that he was grateful that we knocked on his door" which really hit me hard. As a missionary, I have knocked on many doors to either receive no answer or be told that they are not interested. So to hear him say thank you for something I do everyday was a surprise. It's a good thing I like surprises! 
   
President Uchtdorf – “Whom the Lord calls, the Lord qualifies.”
Love 
Sister Ogden

Zone Meeting 

President Mullen

No comments:

Post a Comment