Sunday, September 4, 2016

Dallas Letter 8/29/16

Hello,
   
The main focus of this email is on Gary. The reason was that we had the opportunity to celebrate his birthday and his baptism! For his Birthday, we had a birthday cake that Sister Wells bought and we set it up in his front yard. It was fun to sing to him and then shared a short message on the Book of Mormon while eating cake. The funniest part of the lesson was that sprinklers came on and covered us in water. I was the one  that was closer to the sprinklers, so I was completely soaked! 
   
Gary's baptism was amazing! He was looking so forward to his baptism that when he was baptized, He threw both of his arms up in triumph. He texted this to us after the baptism: "When that time comes and Heavenly Father calls me to join Him, I'm gonna pray and ask if I could meet you there when that time arrives.  You've made me a very happy man. I can't thank you enough. I will do all that I can to be the best Mormon I can be and make you proud of me" (Gary Bitterolf).
   
To help Gary prepare himself for his baptism he asked us what it means to "liken" the scriptures. We read a chapter with him from the Book of Mormon to show that each verse can apply to him right now. I was able to apply that lesson into my life yesterday by finding the scripture in 2 Nephi 29:8  "Know ye not that the testimony of two nations is a witness unto you that I am God, that I remember one nation like unto another? Wherefore, I speak the same words unto one nation like unto another. And when the two nations shall run together the testimony of the two nations shall run together also."\
Sister Keith is from Canada and I am from USA which allows us to bare testimonies of "two nations". 

Love 
Sister Ogden


\




No comments:

Post a Comment