Sunday, September 4, 2016

Dallas Letter 8/8/16

Hi,
   
There has been many tender mercies this week besides the baptism. The first one that happened was that we had smores for dessert after one of our dinners this week. I told Sister Keith that I really wanted smores and God answered my small prayer. Then I am grateful that I was able to last 10 months without being sunburned til this past Saturday. The back of my neck and arms are burnt.  At least my face was not. That would have been terrible to go to the baptism all sunburned.


Sister Keith is an amazing missionary! She is from Ottawa, Ontario Canada which she is greatly proud of. She acts like a proud Texan but for Canada. This week was her first time biking in a skirt which is a true accomplishment! Her last area was Hemet Valle Vista which was my first area out on the mission!  
   
David's baptism was beautiful and like last time, I had to speak on baptism again. I used the 2 Nephi 31:10 to tell David that he is answering the call "Follow thou me". He cried because I told him of the many times he answered the call by:
  • Telling Sister Petersen and I that Irma was home in the evenings.
  • He allowed us to teach his family and let them investigate the Church first.
  • Then surprising Sister Willis and I by joining the lesson on the 10 commandments, Law of Chastity, Word of Wisdom, and Tithing right before the girls baptism.
  •  Accepting the baptismal date of August 7!
  • Then today entering into the waters of baptism! 
We even had one of our investigator's Julio come to David's baptism! Today we received a text from David and I wanted to share it with you. "Good Morning Sisters, I just wanted to thank you all for the amazing job you did yesterday for my baptism. I woke up today in such a great mood. I owe it all to you lovely sisters for knocking on our door. Thank you so much. Brother Davis" (Brother David Davis). I am grateful that I was able to knock on the Davis' door.  Not because it led us to baptisms but because they have changed me for the better.     

Love Ya
Sister Ogden   








No comments:

Post a Comment