Sunday, September 4, 2016

Dallas Letter 7/5/16

Hey,
   
This week has been full of many different adventures. The first adventure was that both Sister Willis and I were in lock down for two days because we were sick. Luckily it was one day for me and not two. We were able to watch a lot of church movies those two days.  My favorite was Praise to the Man. Then the City of Menifee had their fourth of July fireworks and parade early which made it difficult to get anywhere even on bike. We had to walk in part of the parade which some of the members saw us and cheered "Sister Missionaries"! Then yesterday, as a zone we played chair soccer, had a watermelon contest, and we watched again the fireworks. In chair soccer I creamed everyone and even spent some time juggling. I got up to 28!  
  
The Davis family is progressing so much! They are excited for their baptism on July 17 and they are changing for the better. That is my favorite part of missionary work because I can see the light of Christ coming into their lives more fully. David (Dad of Davis family) is now willing to take the lessons after sitting in the last lesson. The last lesson was on the 10 Commandments with Word of Wisdom, Law of Chastity, and Tithing/ Fast offerings which the whole family including David committed to live it. This family has been so prepared and I am just lucky that God wants me to be part of this process.

Scripture: Mormon 5:21 "the Lord will remember the prayers of the righteous, which have been put up unto him for them" (them being investigators)

Love 
Sister Ogden 





No comments:

Post a Comment