Sunday, March 12, 2017

Dallas Letter 2/6/17

Hello
  
Congrats on the new Puppy! I swear that you guys are trying to find animals to replace me! I guess that I am as crazy as having two dogs! I like the name Bo because it fits the hunting life it will have.

This week we were able to find two new investigators named Gary Wilson and Paris Navarro. We found Gary while seeking with faith (walking an hour and a half each day we do) and we were able to help move things into his house from his car. That small act of service really was what made him what to learn more of why we are out here. Sister DiPietro and Hermana Hernandez were able to teach him and he accepted the baptismal date of March 5 while I was out of town on exchanges.
  
Paris was unplanned finding opportunity because we were looking for her brother Zachary but instead we found her. She asked many questions about God and how He really is there in our lives which was cool to testify that He is! We also taught that prayer is the best way to see God in our lives which made her excited to say the closing prayer even though she has never prayed. She got very emotional. We were also able to work with a lot of less actives who actually came to church! It's been a very good week even though we have still have a long way to go to make this area ready to Harvest.
  
On exchanges I went to Riverside with Hermana Padilla. I was actually able to serve in Riverside for one day! It kinda looks like downtown Austin but without the creative or beautiful side. There is a ton of beautiful churches and since it was just a Chinese holiday is was decorated with a ton of Chinese decorations.

We did service of picking up trash and there was a small contest of who picked up the grossest trash. Hermana Padilla and I won because we found a dead dog in a blanket. All I could think about was Paisley with the raccoon skull.

We were able to find a new investigator and teach two lessons which I could not really teach since it was in Spanish but I was able to feel the spirit so much as she taught.

Love 
Sister Ogden




No comments:

Post a Comment