Monday, March 13, 2017

Dallas Letter 3/13/17

Hello
   
Can I just say that this week has flown by so fast. I just felt like I emailed you last week but here I am emailing you once again. This week we had many adventures and I will have to go day by day to tell you everything!
Mon: As a zone we played ultimate Frisbee which I found out quickly that I am only good at defending people and running around looking like I know what I am doing.
Wed: We stopped at a less active/part member family and instead seeing them we met their friend who is from Canada. As we talked on the porch, he fed us oranges and strawberries which was divine in the new hot weather that is here. We invited him to learn more but he said "what you are doing is amazing but I'm good". He then gave us a beautiful cross that says "Jesus Saves" which I absolutely love.
Thurs: Hermana Tobler and I were able to go to Riverside for our Missionary Leadership Council (MLC) which was amazing. One of the trainings was on Repentance which was perfect since I had to give a talk on Repentance at Sacrament. One of the things I learned was that the Lord wants us to come unto Him so that we can receive all the blessing of Repentance and become better then we were before. In Isaiah 1:18 it says "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool." We need to always come to the Lord so that we can change and be better. That first part never stood out to me until MLC. Repentance is so cool!
Fri:  We had service at the March Field Air Museum and we did two of my favorite things which are to sand and decorate for an event. Sister Greenhalgh and I had way to much fun but we had a lot of missionary opportunities as we serve.
Sat: I was on exchanges with Hermana Moran in my area! We were able to talk to everyone and their dogs about inviting them to learn more of the Restored Gospel. But I had the amazing opportunity to meet with President Mullen, to have my exit interview. He gave me a lot of advice that I needed to hear which continue to confirm that he was meant to be my mission president!
Love Sister Ogden      








No comments:

Post a Comment